Holy Trinity Church, Jersey
2nd Sunday before Advent - 17th November 2019
SERVICES TODAY: 8.30 am Holy Communion – page 237
Collect and Readings p.192
9.30 am Parents and Tots
11 am Family Communion
6 pm Holy Communion
THANK YOU to all who support the Honorary Police Coffee Morning and last week’s church collection, raising £3,907.20p for the Royal British Legion.
TAIZE SERVICE: The next reflective and prayerful Taize service will take place here at 8 pm tomorrow, Monday 18th November. Do come.
‘THE BIBLE COURSE’ is a perhaps daunting title of a helpful look at the BIG story we think we know. Continuing Friday at 11 am this course is easy to engage with; sessions last about an hour and take place in the Lady Chapel. For catering, let us know you’re coming by adding your name to the list in the Chapel.
ADVENT GIVING BOXES From Sunday 1st December we are invited to each day put into a decorated box an item or a treat for a person less fortunate than ourselves, so that by Christmas we have each assembled a wonderful box of treats and simple but useful gifts. The boxes can then be brought to church on or before the last Sunday before Christmas (22nd), when they will be passed to the Shelter Trust for distribution. See leaflet for info.
THE REPORT OF THE ARCHBISHOP’S COMMISSION on the relationship of the Islands to the wider church will be voted on at Deanery Synod, 26th November. Aynslie Le Brun, Eileen Simmons (Reps) and the Rector would welcome your comments. A copy of the report is in the Lady Chapel and also available online at the church website.
OVERSEAS AID PROJECT OPPORTUNITY JOA are looking for volunteers to get involved in a ten day project in the Lebanon, which looks to be an amazing opportunity. For more details see the blue poser in the porch, pick up a flier or visit
BARNARDO’S CHRISTMAS CARD SALES, organised by Jane Yates, take place at Font Hill, Le Mont de la Trinité on Wednesday 20 November 11.00 to 3.00pm and after the 11 am Service in Church on Sunday 24th November.
RISING VOICES meet on Wednesdays in church, 6.30 pm. This is a community choir for all those affected by cancer, do come along.
EASYFUNDRAISING: Please consider registering with easyfundraising.org.uk so that when you shop online retailers make a donation to our church. It is easy to set up and has already raised £500+ for Trinity Church. Details are on the noticeboards.
THE SHELTER TRUST not only cares for the homeless but is also a FOODBANK which you are able to support by bringing tinned and dry foodstuffs and placing them in the grey box in the Lady Chapel.
In our prayers this week we remember: -
- Our Island’s link diocese in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Archbishop Justin, Bishop Trevor and Dean Mike Keirle.
- Those seeking peace in and taking aid to Syria and Yemen.
- British Forces serving around the world, praying for peacemakers and peacekeepers.
- The continuing need for wisdom in politics in both the UK and Jersey.
- Those who are unwell, convalescing or in distress at this time, amongst them Adrian, Sybil, Elisabeth, Emily, Pam, Hilary, Michael, Harold, Sue H, Tony, and all those on our hearts, especially friends and loved ones in care …
- We give thanks for the lives of the departed and pray for the families of: Simon Scrimgeour RIP.